Fresh Chapter Alliance Foundation (FCAF) is a Canadian not-for-profit corporation with 501(c)3 status in the USA.
To ignite a spark of possibility, purpose, and connection in cancer survivors.
For survivors of all types of cancer to find connection, emotional healing, and renewed meaning and purpose in their lives.
Join Us In Changing Lives
Whether you’ve survived cancer, lost someone to cancer, or want to support a cause that ripples out to create a better world, your donation will help ignite a spark of possibility, purpose, and connection in cancer survivors while positively impacting communities at home and around the globe.
With your support, we will pilot a 3-day North American program for 16 patients and survivors in Los Angeles this November; inspire and support 12 survivors to join us on our next adventure to India in March 2014, and launch a dedicated FCAF website that will raise the profile of survivorship and create opportunities for our entire tribe to get involved in being the change we all want to see in the world.
Please donate either through PayPal by using the button below or by check (*All checks should be made payable to Phase One – A Fresh Chapter and mailed to – 256 – 26th Street, Suite 201, Santa Monica, CA, 90402.) Thanks to our fiscal sponsor – Phase One Foundation – all donations are tax deductible in the United States. Tax ID # is 91-2129319
Why We Are So Excited About Helping Survivors Start Fresh…
FCAF provides programs to address the post-treatment void and gives survivors the chance to process their cancer experience in a safe and structured environment. Regardless of whether the cancer ever returns, a former patient can’t go back (physically or emotionally) to life as it was before the diagnosis.
- Believe in new possibilities and adventures.
- Find meaning and purpose through a combination of volunteering and memorable moments.
- Build connections and friendships with other cancer survivors.
What Makes Us Unique
- Our programs allow survivors to connect based on shared values & interests and not purely demographics or type of cancer.
- Our participants feel a sense of accomplishment by participating in fundraising activities.
- Volunteering both internationally and domestically reminds our participants the power each of them still has to make a difference in the lives of others.
- Survivors experience a new sense of possibility by experiencing once in a lifetime moments.
- North American survivors have the chance to participate in grass-roots anti-stigma and global cancer awareness campaigns.
We believe in creating opportunities for people to experience real connections and form friendships that will provide a support system when participants return home or find themselves back in treatment.
Find Out More About Where We’ve Been & Where We’re Going…
Are you a survivor who wants to learn more about a future trip or a donor who wants to get involved in changing the lives of cancer survivors across North America. Check out the links below or contact us to learn more.
To find out where this began: A Foundation Is Born
To see what’s next: Our Upcoming Programs
If you have undergone treatment for cancer and you want to receive updates or be one of the first to sign up for an upcoming adventure, click here to join the FCAF Tribe. Anyone who has been through treatment and is healthy enough to travel is eligible for our programs.
Haven’t had cancer, but still want to be part of our tribe? Our community stretches far beyond cancer. If you want to receive updates from A Fresh Chapter and learn more about the #StartFresh series, you can join our tribe on Twitter, Facebook, or get posts delivered directly to your inbox. Thanks for spreading the word and helping our tribe grow. Every day we’re chasing dreams and changing lives and we wouldn’t want to do it without you.